Truck restraints :
Each year, tens of thousands of American workers are injured in fork lift related accidents, many the result of the forklift falling off the edge of the loading dock. In a busy loading dock area, this can easily occur due to sloppy parking, trailer creep or premature truck departures. There are many names: Dock locks, vehicle restraints, truck locks, safety locks, Rotating hook, vehicle locks, automatic wheel chocks and even more. No matter what you call them, if you are serious about safety, you need to have them. Vehicle restraints have been recognized by OSHA since 1981 as an acceptable alternative to wheel chocks. Eliminate the need for the dock attendant to place wheel chocks by purchasing trailer restraints from Door and Dock solutions .
Truck restraint ensure Employee and Facility Safety .
Did you know that majority of the employee injuries that take place at the dock are due to premature truck departure and trailer creep? Even if you have a proactive safety policy in place, you can never predict a truck driver’s actions as you don’t know whether or not the person behind the wheel has received the necessary training to drive these heavy duty vehicles.
Properly applied, installed, maintained and operated dock locks can prevent Undesired truck departure Trailer creep Trailer upending or landing gear collapse Injuries, accidents, OSHA violations There is a wide range of types and models of dock locks. Door and dock solutions offers all of the various styles: Impact (Rotating Hook) Pit Hooks Non impact non conventional wheel chock style vehicle restraint systems mount on the warehouse exterior and engage the trailer’s RIG [rear impact guard ] or ICC bar to prevent unwanted trailer motion during loading and unloading operations. Trailer creep and premature trailer departure can cause serious injury and expensive property damage.
A good loading dock trailer restraint virtually eliminates these risks, increasing employ safety and improving dock operations. Additionally vehicle restraints hold a trailer snugly to the dock and ensure a snug fit by the dock seal, helping to close gaps, minimize inventory shrinkage and reduce air conditioning energy loss. There are Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electric truck restraint systems generally. There is a wide range of types and models of vehicle restraints Door and Dock solutions offers :
- Impact [Rotating Hook] Restraint
- Pit Hooks Restraint
- Non Impact Restraint
- Non Conventional Restraint
- Wheel chock
The most Economical restraints are manual systems. Manual restraints allow dock attendant to engage the restraint from the dock platform, via a simple actuating mechanism. The ergonomic design of the system minimizes the effort required to engage and release the restraint. Manual restraints offer all the safety benefits of vehicle restraints in a simple, cost effective package. Mechanical restraints are easy to install and maintained. These are easily mounted and installed and easy to relocate if needed.Vehicle Restraints reduce your company’s risk of physical injury, property damage and downtime in your shipping and receiving department. With a wide variety of models to choose from, our vehicle restraints perform in virtually any application and secure the widest range of vehicles. This non impact, self aligning truck restraining system offers enhanced safety for your loading dock. Versatile restraint can be easily integrated with any Mechanical, Hydraulic or Pneumatic leveler, and Edge of dock leveler.
Manual truck restraint with manually operated lights provides an extremely safe and efficient loading dock environment by establishing a clear line of communication between the truck driver and the dock attendant. The inside control panel and exterior light package incorporate a red and green signal that work in opposing modes. Green outside light guides the truck into position, while the inside red light warns the attendant that the loading/unloading condition is unsafe. Upon activation of the restraint, the lights are switched to red outside and green inside to warn the driver not to move and indicating a safe condition for the attendant. High-visibility exterior caution signs are included help to warn the driver to “Pull In or Out on Green Only”. Manual truck restraint with “Automatic Light Sequence” turns the safety warning lights on and off automatically when restraint is engaged or disengaged.
Manual Truck Restraint features :
- Non – impact design
- Barrier stores 9” high to Escape Impact from low rear impact guard
- Barrier sensor with alarm communicates Positive lock position
- Barrier automatically adjust to truck movement during loading
- Vertical locking hook secure virtually all rear impact guards with in excess of 32,000 lbs of restraining force
- Easy to install simple to operate
- Solid state controls
- All weather zinc plated components for superior durability
- Vertical operating range from 9” to 30 “
- Inside and out side communication lights and signs
- Housing encloses working parts from inclement weather and debris
- Mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs
The rotating hook or impact style restraint is the most common, but often misapplied. It is imperative to have a full understanding of your environment, usage and truck type when selecting a dock lock. The impact series of vehicle restraints improve safety along with strength, convenience and long term reliability. It is designed to secure a truck at the loading dock by engaging the rear impact guard with a large rotating hook. The housing is stored above ground, keeping it free of snow, ice, water and debris. The housing automatically adjusts to the various heights of trucks and maintaining position with the rear impact guard during loading. The operator easily activates and stores the barrier with push of a button. The low profile housing lowers to only 9” high to escape damage from low rear impact guards, and will secure standard trailers with 32,000 pounds of restraining force. Door and Dock Solutions offers the most extensive line of durable and dependable vehicle restraints which can be used for a variety of applications in many different industries. With our many years of experience and excellent customer service, we can provide solutions to meet any of your material handling needs.
- Large rotating hook design helps prevent unscheduled trailer departure, creep and tip over
- Improved direct drive system eliminates clutch, chain and brake
- Exclusive water tight hook position sensor eliminates limit switches
- Inside and outside LED communication Lights and Signs
- Upward biased hook automatically adjusts to trailer movement keeping constant contact with rear impact guard
- Dock leveler interlock capable Fault sensor alerts operator if no rear impact guard is detected
- Auto reversing hook to prevent damage from incoming truck
- Housing automatically positions itself to the correct height by incoming trailer.
- Rotating hook secure the rear impact guard with over 32,000 pound of restraining force.
- Mounting force in excess of 10,000 pounds
- Above ground storage keeps housing clear of snow, ice, and debris
- Non impact design
- Barrier stores 9” high to escape impact from low rear impact guards
- Barrier sensor with alarm communicates positive lock position
- Hydra float barrier automatically adjusts automatically adjusts to truck movement during loading
- Vertical loading hook secure virtually all rear impact guards with an excess of 32,000 pounds of restraining force
- Leveler interlock with keyed override
- Mounting force in excess of 10,000lbs
- Vertical operating range from 9’ to 30’
- Simple push button operation
- Inside and out side communication lights and signs
- Logi smart control system with PLC
- Non-impact vehicle restraint allows unit to mount under dock pit away from debris
- Design allows for easy snow removal, clean loading dock appearance
- Offers unobstructed delivery for hydraulic lift gate trailers and smaller delivery vehicles
- Exceeds 35,000 lbs. of restraining force
- Maintains a tight hold on the rear impact guard virtually eliminating trailer creep
- Helps eliminate landing gear collapse by keeping trailer tight to bumpers
- Working range of down to 9″ above grade up to 30″ above grade
- Hook floats with trailer during loading
- Integrated control panel designed to operate all loading dock equipment from a single panel
- LED red/green inside/outside lights
- Dock leveler stored interlock
- NEMA 4 watertight enclosure
- Only 3 major moving parts , hydraulic lift cylinder and dual heavy duty return springs
- Applies 35,000 lb of restraining power (10,000 lb mounting force)
- Restraining arm manufactured from 1.5″ solid steel
- Corrosion restraint Nitride coating on piston rod. Cylinder is completely sealed against foreign contamination.
- System operation is authorized by key lock on main control station
Fully automated restraints are a popular option for companies who do not like to leave the safety decision in the hands of their employs. They are a top choice for high volume docks. Automated restraints accommodate a wider range of rear impact guards and allow push-button restraint engagement / disengagement. Most restraints incorporate sensing and signaling hardware to provide visual feedback showing the restraint status. This helps to reduce operator error and dock damage due to accidental trailer departure. While the price and features vary between the restraint systems.
Not all buildings allow for proper mounting of truck locks to the building wall, due to lack of a solid concrete wall or other limitations. Additionally, not all trucks serviced at loading docks are the same. That is why we offer a unique and proven ground mounted dock lock.
In some applications, the most logical choice for securing a truck is not by the RIG bar, formerly known as the ICC bar. Some trucks may not have them or may have lift gates in the way. There are many ways to secure a truck at its rear axle wheel.
- Basic wheel chock
Robust, simple, rubber laminated wheel chock. Available with a signs, chain and hanger for easy storage.
- Handy chock
Aluminum heavy duty chock with a bright yellow handle, it is easy to use and hard to lose. Easily orientated for either passenger or driver’s side use.