Air door / Air curtain / Fly fan service and install houston, TX :
Solving Sanitation and Energy Loss Challenges
Air curtain stops outside drafts, flying insects and airborne pollutants from entering your operation. The door plunger switch activates the air curtain when the door is opened and shuts it off when the door is closed to help conserve energy. The most common use is a downward facing blower fan mounted over an entrance to a building, or an opening between two spaces conditioned at different temperatures. High Performance Air curtains save energy by minimizing heated and air conditioned air loss through open doorways.
Air Curtains / Air door, some times called Fly fan create a seamless barrier of air over any door, window, or opening allowing ease of accessibility into and out of the building. Air Curtains are a huge energy savings device as they help to maintain interior building temperatures while doors and windows are constantly being opened and closed. By maintaining comfortable indoor temperatures, employee productivity increases and energy costs decrease. They also prevent dirt, dust, and fumes from entering and deter flying insects providing a cleaner, more sanitary environment. Specified to fit your unique application and available with a large variety of size, color, and control options. Air first enters the air door cabinet through the air intake (often called grill) and thereafter is spiraled out at a higher velocity by the circulating fans. Although all air doors function by similar principal, air doors have been designed to suit specific applications including temperature control, sanitation and wind blocking.
Air doors, also commonly called air curtains, are used in many commercial and industrial applications. They mount over your existing door opening and operate
Once the power is on, air is brought into the unit through the intake, enters the fan housing and is accelerated by the fan. This fast moving air goes into a plenum, which allows for an even distribution of air along the full length of the discharge nozzle. Aero foil shaped vanes in the nozzle create a uniform air stream with minimal turbulence.
- For efficient air curtain performance, the angle of the discharge nozzle must be set correctly. An air curtain nozzle should be adjustable to aim inward or outward up to 20 degrees from the opening.The air discharged through the nozzle creates a jet stream to the floor. Approximately 80% of the air returns to the intake side of the air curtain, and 20% goes in the opposite direction.Non-recirculating air curtains can be mounted horizontally above the door or vertically on one or both sides of the door, depending on the space available and the height, width and physical characteristics of the opening. Horizontal mounting above the door minimizes the chances of damaging the air curtain. Protective measures should be taken if the air curtain is mounted vertically.Seals in air conditioning and seals out hot, humid air to maintain a controlled environment. This is a perfect application for retail and restaurant establishments that wish to keep their customers comfortable while shopping or eating.
- Repels insects, prevents microorganisms from entering building and helps to maintain hygienic standards. This application will keep help keep the bugs out whether you are in an industrial setting or a retail / restaurant establishment.
- Enhances customer and employee comfort by recirculating interior air for a balanced temperature.
- Prevents the infiltration of dust, dirt and objectionable fumes from contaminating sanitary environments. This is a perfect application for an overhead door in an industrial setting.
- Maintains positive pressure in clean room environments and eliminates the need for airlocks.
There are two major types of air curtains:
Non recirculating air curtains are more widely used than the recirculating type because they are easier and less costly to install and have lower maintenance costs.
Recirculating air curtains are mainly used in places with constant foot traffic such as supermarkets and store entrances. recirculating air curtains are called Air Entrance Systems, as they are built into the entrance, usually when the entrance is being constructed. They emit air from a discharge grille on one side of the door opening, collect it through a receiving grille on the opposite side and return it through duct work to the discharge grille. The non obtrusive wide stream of low velocity air created by recirculating air curtains is more desirable for separating environments.
Our air curtains require minimal maintenance. Scheduled cleaning, at least once every three months, will ensure the air curtain works properly and extends the life cycle of the product. Extremely dirty, dusty or greasy environments could require a more aggressive cleaning schedule.
Switch the power off at the service panel and lock the service panel to prevent power from being switched on accidentally. Remove the air intake grille for access to the blower housing and motor(s). Remove the bottom access panel on heated models for access to the blower housings and motor(s). Vacuum and scrape (if necessary) to remove the built up dirt and debris. For instructions for your particular model, consult the appropriate installation instructions.
• Any High traffic commercial Entry ways
• Grocery Stores
• Walk in Freezers
• Retail facilities
• Energy Reduction
• Deters flying insects
• Reduces contaminants
• Increases employee comfort and productivity
• Reduce odor and fumes
• Increased Safety at Openings with unobstructed visibility
• Reduces product spoilage
• Hygienic alternative to strip doors at food Service
U.S.D.A, city code, health department approved air curtain are available. Door and Dock solutions provide our customers with the convenience expected from their air curtains and automatic door sensors while maintaining the latest safety standards that their customers deserve. Our technicians are trained to check your air curtains and automatic door sensors for compliance with the American National Standards Institute standard ANSI/BHMA A156.10. We service all makes and models of air curtains and automatic door sensors.